Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Road Trip up the Oregon Coast and so much more!

So I drank a lot of coffee tonight to get some reading done, and unlike the past few months, the caffeine actually gave me some energy. Consequently, I can't sleep. But its alright because I've got stuff to share and now time to share it.
I'm in Portland, Oregon at my uncle's house and will be leaving tomorrow to go home. I'm ready! The past week has been a week of roughing it all along the majestic Oregon coast with my dad. One of my best friends he is. We had been planning the trip all summer and I, along with many others who love me and know my life right now, had been praying for a rejuvenating, growing, relaxing, and beautiful trip for me and my dad. And me being the freak that I am tried so hard for that to happen the whole week! Doing so I stifled any possibility of letting beauty unfold...that is of course until I threw in my cards and, in my heart and mind, shouted, "I GIVE UP!" And as it should be, thats when the beauty occurred. The act of removing myself from the controlling position gave myself the chance to finally let down, to talk and talk about all thats going on in my heart and have sweet fellowship with my dad. It allowed me to laugh till I was crying with him. It allowed me to have a good cry as well which I always desire. All that I wanted for this trip happened in the last two days of it when I decided to stop trying. I learned that life is not always about trying your hardest, its about throwing in your cards sometimes and letting God take care of what matters.
In the past week and especially last two days I have learned so much more about my dad's beautifully goofy personality and his strength in God's truth that just astounded me. I have for the first time in months truly took a deep breath and RELAXED. I have discovered more about myself. I have seen how flipping huge God is in the 1000 miles of our trek in such beautiful country. At this very moment I am not depressed which is HUGE. So thanks God!
Needless to say, I am the epitome of an emotional rollercoaster, but right now I am at the top and I feel free! and I am so thankful for it and only pray that I can remember the beautiful truth that this trip showed me that God really is in control and He really really does care...and even more that angels are fighting for me too. How wild and so absolutely comforting!
GOD IS SO GOOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment