Monday, May 18, 2009

A New Journey

Most journeys start intentionally. Forming as a dream and turning into reality. Mine came without any say and the first billion steps filled with pain. This journey officially started on May 1, 2009 when my mom moved out. My parents finally decided to get seperated and hopefully get healthy. Since then its been an hourly rollercoaster of emotion. Don't get me wrong, I know in my heart this is the right move but that doesn't make the transition from living with two people who are there to shelter me to one person now attempting to play every role necessary. I'm amazed at how well he's held it together, though like every single other person on this planet, he's still human. A few days ago, lets just say the house was a mess, and there was virtually nothing left to eat in the fridge. One thing I hate is a messy environment. One thing I love is food. As petty as it sounds, things like that are part of what makes a child feel taken care of. And I didn't feel so taken care of.
Thankfully me and my dad have a very open relationship and I was able to let him know how I felt with no reservations. Since then, we've made a list of chores, gone grocery shopping, and started dreaming about a more healthy environment and how we can achieve that together. We are a team. One of my favorite things that we've been doing lately is cooking dinner together. We're both a little creative and a little weird so our creations have brought some color and some fun spent together.
We still have a handful of spats at eachother every day but we both are trying and leaning on God and thats all that matters. I am so thankful for him but we both need to remember, I'm just a kid!

1 comment:

  1. Meghan, you are one of the single most strong people I know. I noticed that about you right as I met you so many years ago! You are such a blessing to everyone, and even more to your dad. As hard as things get for him (and for you), you have the ability to give people the comfort they need. And I know your dad will appreciate that about you, if he already doesn't! You will make it through anything handed to you :] and if you ever need a break from reality, I'm home for the summer! We can go hike a mountain or something crazy like we used to. :] I love you dearest and I hope that you stay bright, because that's what makes you so significant to everyone. :]

    ReplyDelete